Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog #7

I found that my research topic was pretty hard to get through. My future career is a Robotic/Mechanical Engineer. I researched how robots benefit us and make quality of life better. Robots touch all of our lives in significant ways. Usually robots in factories help mankind the most by moving heavy parts, welding, and painting. I found the most impressive area where robots are making an impact was the medical field. Advances in robotic arms in labs which help the scientist do expirements that his hand can't touch. The robotic prosthetics are the most helpful in making the quality of life better for a person. Advancements in this area are being made everyday. Engineers are working on making it where the amputee can control the robotic limb by thought like a real limb. Also they're trying to get it where the amputee can feel heat or pressure with the robotic limb. Being in the military myself I realize the significance of the use of robots in keeping military personel safe. The UAV is the most helpful in spying on enemies far behind enemy lines. I found out you really have to know what you are doing when it comes to hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics. The area where I'm going to have trouble learning is computer programming. Computer programming is like greek to me right now. Robotics to me are a glimpse of the future today. I found sites where people thought the future of robots are like a terminator style future. I feel it's more like I Robot where humanoid robots help mankind with thier everyday needs. To be an engineer you need to be more imaginative than most people. Hopefully I can contribute good things in this career field.

3 comments:

  1. oh, if you got into robotics you could do very adventourous jobs, it sounds very fun, maybe get a lot of money doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool Jeremy, there is alot of things you could do in the"robot feild" wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea deffineintly alot of money. robotics are taking over almost everything and im sure will be a very rewarding career.

    ReplyDelete