Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Blog #8 Holiday stress
Normally every year my Christmas shopping is done by September. But this year I just finished for the most part. As my siblings get older they get harder to shop for because the gifts they want are way more expensive than they were when they were younger. Between trying to find the perfect gifts, decorating the house, putting up with other peoples holiday stress and getting ready for the Christmas feast can make life pretty stressful. As that family dinner gets closer you can feel that anxiety of having to deal with relatives you only see once a year by choice. The anxiety of gaining those five to ten pounds from all the fattening foods being devoured. Of course this is after the kids wake you up at five in the morning to open gifts from Santa making you exhausted for the rest of the day. On top of these stresses students also have the added stress of having to do homework and studying. My holiday stress really comes in the form of close family members borrowing money off me so they can buy Christmas presents. My mom borrowed $600 from me and my aunt borrowed $400 from me. So luckily my buying of gifts is done or I'd be hard pressed to get my shopping done. So my holiday stress has been transformed from worrying of getting it all done to when I'll get paid back. This $1000 came from my money I was saving for school and my personal present to my self fund. And luckily I get to go somewhere else for Christmas dinner and don't have to clean anything up. So lets recap, by the end of the season you are tired, broke, fed up with family members and starting to get chubby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean Jeremy! I guess I'll say it for you "Christmass sucks" I hate watching my uncle pick up a turkey leg and devourer it in a matter of seconds. Also cleaning up the huge mess from the kids, and last but not least, spending your life savings on gifts!
ReplyDeleteI hate all the spending too. I find what helps is setting a firm budget and sticking to it.
ReplyDelete