Does anyone ever feel like you have a split personality? Not the mental illness, but divide in your mind to kind of keep things in perspective. Think about it, do you speak or act the same way to your co-workers as you do to your brother or sister. When we move to and from the different parts of our lives we change our proverbial faces and attitudes. When you go to work, you put your work face and attitude on. This face is all business. You speak to your fellow employees and boss a certain way. When you talk with family, friends, or significant other you wear different types of faces. You speak and act totally different with each one of these groups of people. With your girlfriend you speak and act a little more gentile than you do with your best friend. I believe we all for the most part do this to keep the different parts of our lives from intertwining. For instance we all try to keep the stress from work from leaking into our personal life. I know there are some people who let different areas of there lives flow together. These people don’t know how to check personal at the door when they come to work and vise verse when they go home. They take their personal lives out on people at work and work out on their loved ones. You have to consciously shift your different faces. I’m constantly juggling my shifts between work, school and girlfriend. Sometimes by doing this I feel like I am going to go crazy. But by doing this it keeps people around you content with your attitude. But sometimes and we all have done it, we slip up and allow the stress from one part of our lives affect another part. I guess it’s kind of human nature sometimes to do this. For the most part we chuck it all up as venting. Personally I wish we didn’t change our faces, to be one person all through the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment